Friday, November 25, 2011

I'll try again

let's try this again.  Black Friday sucks!  People need to stop shopping!

The problem with Black Friday is that it works.  People shop.  Today on Fifth Avenue, people were shopping and it wasn't even 7am!  Why when you can go online?  Is it an addiction like crack?  Is it an adrenalin rush?  Maybe.

Why do people do this?  Why do we put ourselves through this every year?  Why do we fall for the stores same old nonsense?  The stores can have great sales because their staff is paid below minimum wage, plus they have to come to work at ungodly hours, and miss their Thanksgivings.  But we sheeple don't think about that.  All we can think of is getting our flat screen TV's for $100.  But you know what?  I don't have a flat screen TV, not one and I'm okay.  I manage to live.

What if you had only an hour to live?  What would be your last thoughts?  Would they be, "Oh, I wish I had taken advantage of that sale?" or would it be, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time with my family/friends/loved ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment